They always says, “Without trust, there is no relationship.” But, everybody knows that right? The real question is how to deal with the trust after its broken?
Ask yourself, are there certain behaviors that are causing you to not trust your partner or do you have unresolved issues from the past? If not, then why do you feel like crap and every other conversation turns into some argument?
I understand. I’ve been there and done that. It wasn’t easy at all, but you can do this. You just need some patience and guidance and you’ll be alright in no time.
Here are some problem solving strategies you can try to develop trust or rebuild broken trust in your relationship
- Be consistent about the thing you tell your partner
- Do what you said you would do
- Don’t lie. Be honest, even if it hurts
- Be fair, even in arguments
- Don’t over react when things are going wrong. Stay clam and listen to the other person
- Be a good listener. That’s why we have two ears and one mouth
- Don’t nag and fuss over everything that doesn’t work out the way you want it to
- Respect each other boundaries. In other words, give each other the space you need
- Don’t bring up the past and mistakes made by your partner
- Be sensitive to their feelings about certain topics and conversations
- Don’t be jealous of the opposite sex. Make sure you’re secure in yourself and know what you bring to the table in the relationship
- Don’t rush to assumptions and accuse someone, until you know the facts
- Stay confident, not cocky and continue to work your self esteem
- Don’t assume your partner will fulfill all of your needs, nobody is perfect
- Don’t rush to break up and go to someone else and think that things are going to be better. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. Stick it out and keep trying to make it work.
- Be realistic and use your common sense
Rein sure your partner daily on how much you mean to them. This will not only help with trust but also boost their ego. Who doesn’t like that? Don’t only compliment your partner when it’s a holiday or birthday but compliment him or her on any given random day. When they’re feeling down, be that person to uplift them.
Relationships are about uplifting and encouraging each other daily. Life is tough and everybody needs a cheerleader once in awhile to help them through tough times.
Have you ever lost someone trust? How did you resolve the issue. Write your comments below.